Saturday, August 13, 2005

review:DA VINCI CODE

This is the book which has made me an avid fan od Dan Brown.
The choice was between the ususal HP book "the sixth book" and "Da vinci code"....I had been trying to read da vinci before that fateful day...but somehow couldn't get pass thru ten or twelve pages...
But at home the soothing peace of a railway colony and scarcity of friends makes the computers and books ur best friend...Infact i believe that my locality is best if u are a writer or a serious aspirant of an exam which requires lots of reading!!
So this will not be a normal run-of-a-mill review of the book....You can do a google for that..
I will just present my viewpoint on the controversial subject...
I was fortunate enough that i completed "da vinci code" in 12 hrs straight...And very next day when the questions about the phenomenon known as "Christ" were looming large on my mind...a documntary titled "da vinci code:fact or fiction" was aired on Nationa geographic which gradually meticulously dissected each and every controversial topic in the book along with Dan Brown's own revealations.
I didn't know before that dan brown is a historian.
The riveting story is about the controversial "Holy grail" plotted in the backdrops of police-convict chases in paris streets and as usual uses the interesting ideas of "CRyptography by Dan Brown"...to satisfy reader's hunger for discovery.
There is lot of history involved and since i like to both computers and history along with the thrill ....it was trully a treat to read the book rythmating with "Carry on dancing" of savage garden.
I also have read "digital fortress by dan brown"....which used "NSC and translater-the super parallel computing computer" as its main backdrops....but surely da vinci code wins hands down.
The basic thing that i didn't like about da vinci is that in midway da vinci made a terrible mistake of introducing the crutched villain in such a language that i sorta guessed in midway of novel that who is the real culprit!!and that really killed the dying stages of the novel for me!!
As i already knew the twist in the plot.
My views about jesus are still hazy and i really don't want to comment on that conflicting piece of topic.....I would just say that i still have faith in "the Christ" and even the truth can't change it.
I liked the research author had done in terms of paintings and cryptography.
All in all i will give the book a rating of 8.5/10.


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix